The Program Core is a set of courses totaling 43 credits which are generally required for all ACMS majors. Exceptions are specifically pointed out in the descriptions of the various options. The core courses will provide a solid foundation from which students may pursue any of the approved degree pathways within the Program.
It is recommended that students complete as many of the First and Second Level Core courses as possible during the Freshman and Sophomore years.
- Calculus* (15): MATH 124, 125, 126
- Programming (9): CSE 142, 143
- Ordinary Differential Equations* (3 credits): MATH 307 or AMATH 351
- Matrix Algebra with Applications* (3 credits): MATH 308
- Applied Linear Algebra and Numerical Analysis (3 Credits): AMATH 352
- Discrete Modeling (3 credits): MATH 381
- Probability and Statistics (4 credits): STAT 390
- Continuous Modeling (3 credits): AMATH 383
* The sequence MATH 134, 135, 136 Accelerated (Honors) Calculus, may be substituted for MATH 124, 125, 126 and MATH 307, 308.