The ACMS Spring 2019 application decisions have been emailed to our applicants' UW email accounts. If you have not received your ACMS decision email, check the following:
· Check your SPAM folder https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#spam. If the message is found there use the “Report not spam” action to train the Google AI to not mark these as SPAM.
· Check the Google Trash folder https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#trash and move the message back to inbox if accidentally deleted
· Check for blocked and filtered email addresses at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/filters
· Check if email may have been forwarded to an external account at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop
If you have trouble with these recommendations, call UW-IT, 206 221-5000. If UW-IT cannot help you locate your ACMS decision email please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and student ID.
Admission into the ACMS program is competitive, effective Autumn Quarter, 2011. Students can apply to the program twice a year, in Autumn and Spring Quarters. The application opens the first day of the quarter and is due the second Friday at 5pm. The entire application is completed online. Admission decisions are made before registration for the following quarter. Admitted students will be admitted into a specific option and will not be able to change their option unless they reapply.
To be eligible to apply, students must have the following: A minimum grade of 2.0 in each course taken and a GPA of at least 2.50 is required in the following set of five courses: CSE 142, 143, MATH 124, 125, 126, one of MATH 307, MATH 308, AMATH 351, or AMATH 352. The sequence MATH 134, 135, 136 may be substituted for MATH 124, 125, 126, 307, and 308. No courses may be in progress at the time of application. Completion of the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
A statement about your interest in ACMS will help us evaluate your application. Please take this seriously and use it to help us get a deeper picture of you beyond your grades.
- We would like to know about your educational and/or career goals, and how you expect to further them by studying the option you selected in ACMS.
- ACMS actively seeks and welcomes students with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. If you wish to describe such things, as they relate to your interest in ACMS, please do so in this paragraph.
- You may also use this statement to address elements of your record that might misrepresent your potential as an ACMS major.
Statements should be no longer than 2,000 characters.
The Autumn Quarter 2019 ACMS Admissions Application will be available here on September 25th
Click here if you are having trouble accessing the application form.
Admissions decisions will be sent out via email towards the end of the month in which you apply. If admitted and ACMS is your only major you have 1 week to accept our offer of admission. If admitted and ACMS is a double major/degree, you will have 2 weeks to accept our offer of admission and you must complete a graduation plan with your current major first. Non-responses by the deadline are considered a decline of the offer of admissions.
Applicants who apply to the ACMS Major and are admitted need to be registered and enrolled for the quarter immediately following the application decision (Summer or Autumn). Students who are not enrolled for the quarter following the application decision will forfeit their admissions offer and will need to reapply in a future application cycle.
All applicants have the right to petition and appeal the department’s admission decision.
If you are denied admission to the ACMS department, there is an appeals procedure if you feel that important facts were overlooked by the committee. You must submit the ACMS Admission Decision Appeal Form within two weeks of the date of the notification email. The form should be submitted to the Student Services Office in Padelford C-36. Only relevant information that was not submitted with your original application will be considered in your case for an appeal. Students who appeal will be notified one week after the appeal deadline.
To meet with an advisor, please visit the Math and ACMS Student Services Offices, Padelford, C-36. We generally have drop-in hours Monday through Friday, 9:30 - 11:30 am and 1:30 -3:30 pm in Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Summer hours vary, please call to verify availability, (206) 543-6830.