For admissions requirements, please visit our Application page.
The ACMS program is structured into a core and a set of options. The same set of core courses is required for all options (with some exceptions). See the Program Overview for descriptions of each option. Outside of the core, course requirements vary depending on the option chosen when declaring a major. Students must choose one option when they apply to the major.
- Program Core (43 Credits) Required of all majors.
Full Requirements by Option
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Data Sciences and Statistics
- Discrete Math and Algorithms
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Economics and Quantitative Finance (open for admissions beginning Autumn 2019 application cycle)
- Scientific Computing and Numerical Algorithms
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Mathematical Economics (for current ACMS majors only, no longer admitting effective Autumn 2019 application cycle)
Planning and resources
All ACMS students will take courses in the the Math, Computer Science, Applied Math and Statistics departments, and some in other departments like Economics, Physics, Biology and others. Students will need to pay close attention to notes on departmental websites (if applicable) and the time schedule to see when they can register for courses. Below are links to departmental webpages regarding course scheduling.
Applied Math: Current Offerings
Mathematics: When Courses are Offered
Computer Science: CSE Time Schedules
Restrictions on majoring in ACMS with other majors
Any ACMS option, doubles with MATH: Comprehensive option math major only
ACMS Data Science: No doubles with the Statistics major